This would have been unimaginable at any other time in history. In fact, it only became possible this year.
deCODE Genetics, the visionary Icelandic company headed by Kari Stefansson (a former MIT faculty member and a 2007 Time 100 nominee), is running a February special.
For $100, you can decode your genetic risk factors for 6 cardiovascular diseases:
- Heart Attack
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Intracranial Aneurysm
- Venous Thromboembolism
Click here - you can complete the ordering process in 5 minutes.
How does deCODE do it?
The Icelandic people have kept scrupulous family records for 1000 years. The company uses this data to link the presence or absence of genetically-linked disease with specific gene variants or mutations.
Is CardioScan all there is?
No - in fact you can do more or less a comprehensive gene scan that will provide you with the following information:
- an analysis of genetic risk factors for 35 traits and conditions
- the complete Ancestry Scan
- regular updates – as new discoveries are made
- tools to compare your results to those of friends and family
- Advanced features – so you can explore your genome in detail
February is American Heart Month, so this scan is available at this price until February 28.
Don't pass it up. You are now inhabiting the genomic century, and you might as well get used to it!
Enjoy your genome - it's the only one you'll ever have....